White, Dark Purple, Royal Purple
Deceased (Volume 3)
Laurel Dunstan was a member of Team APLS and graduate of Shade Academy. After graduation, she left for Vale and began working at Dahlia's Little Flowers, before being killed in the Grimm invasion during the Vytal Festival. Her aura and emblem, a wilting hyacinth, were both royal purple, and her choice of weapon was her Dust Infused Falchion Flail (DIFF) named Liberation.
She belongs to Emerald Rose.
Laurel had pale white skin, dark brown hair worn in a low loose bun, and light green eyes with silver half-moon spectacles.
Laurel's florist uniform was a white button-up shirt with the sleeves rolled up above her elbows, white shorts, dark purple sneakers, dark purple leather gloves, and a faded green apron with her emblem stitched onto the front - the last two were gifts from Dahlia.
Laurel's everyday wear was a dark purple butterfly-sleeved halter-top over a white long-sleeved fitted dress that ended halfway down her thighs, a white infinity scarf, and short white boots.
Abilities and PowersEdit
Liberation is a Dust Infused Falchion Flail (DIFF) that Laurel made during combat school. It was a normal falchion, with the blade infused with Ice Dust, although the end of the hilt had a chain attached to it with a flail at the end of it. The flail was a ball with multiple spikes on it.
Synesthesia was Laurel's Semblance, which allowed her to see colors with individual sounds and taste specific things with specific words. She could only associate these things for small bursts at a time, although she could remember the associations even after her Semblance deactivated. It was more useful for investigating than anything else, although it definitely came in handy for her on multiple occasions. Her eyes glowed a bright green when her Semblance was in use.
- Her favorite food was any kind of fruit, so long as it was sweet.
- Her favorite drink was sweet tea.
- Her favorite flower was the hyacinth.
- Synesthesia is an actual neurological phenomenon, wherein stimulation of one sensory or cognitive pathway leads to automatic, involuntary experiences in a second sensory or cognitive pathway. People who report a lifelong history of such experiences are known as synesthetes.
- She suffered from PTSD, which developed after Aelius' death, something she blamed entirely on herself. She had constant nightmares about it and her mental state slowly deteriorated.
- She was demiromantic/asexual.
- Laurus nobilis is an aromatic evergreen tree or large shrub with green, glossy leaves, native to the Mediterranean region
- Dunstan is from the Old English elements dun "dark" and stan "stone"